I’ve not been able to recreate my mother’s macaroni and cheese. I can’t find Old English cheese so this is a recipe I’ve used for many years using Kraft Mac and Cheese from the box. I like the family size because I find the cheese in the pouch you squeeze out to be much better than the powered cheese. For a family size mac and cheese I cook a 1/2 pound of ground beef (I usually make this using two boxes and a full pound of beef) in a skillet with a half an onion until brown. A little salt and pepper helps the beef, I prefer garlic salt. Boil the noodles in water with a little oil in the water to keep them from sticking together for 8 minutes. Drain in a colander and put them back into the pot. Pour in the cheese and mix, add a little Italian seasoning and then add the ground beef.
- The Senate’s Unaffordable Care Act - The New York Times nytimes.com/2017/06/23/opi… 13 minutes ago
- Join me in supporting fact-based journalism. Friends save 50% on one year of The Times. refer.newyorktimes.com/hFwZn 21 minutes ago
- Want to organize all your work in one place? Check out Evernote–it’s helped me become more productive than ever. evernote.grsm.io/JamesBauernfei… 9 hours ago
- #wendys Frostee approved! https://t.co/4XGSnXpYtj 3 days ago
- See my story: "Meena's Christening/Baptism" spark.adobe.com/page/L8CDBoEjy… 4 days ago
Blogs I Follow