Using the dried beans either in the 8 or 15 bean bag soups in the grocery market, wash them off in a colander and then soak them for about four hours on low heat. Drain them and then with fresh water covering the beans by a few inches bring to a boil and simmer for a few hours adding a ham hock or two throwing out the spice package. Once it cooks allow it to cool and then into the refrigerator overnight. Next day back to the stove and allow to cook on low heat for a few hours, remove the ham hock and separate the meat from the fat and bone. Throw the meat into the soup but first using a potato masher, mash the beans several times to thicken the soup. I add garlic salt, pepper, turmeric, ground cumin, to the mix as it cooks and taste often to make sure I do not add too much. This can produce some killer gas so be prepared.
- ‘You Will Not Destroy America’: A Trump Battle Is No Longer One-Sided - The New York Times nytimes.com/2018/03/19/us/… 3 days ago
- Trump Rollbacks Target Offshore Rules ‘Written With Human Blood’ nyti.ms/2DfxMJe 1 week ago
- Panama Hotel Owner Declares Victory and Trump’s Name Is Removed nyti.ms/2G0aR7X 2 weeks ago
- Analyst: Lifespan of Apple Products Average 2x Longer Than Android - idropnews.com/news/analyst-l… 2 weeks ago
- The Week in Good News: A Generous Town, Dogs and Dating, and Snow in Rome nyti.ms/2FKceqT 2 weeks ago
Blogs I Follow