For three days in the refrigerator, cover the roast in a container about half way up and include in the after 6 cloves, 2 bay leaves, 1 large onion sliced thin, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar, quarter teaspoon of black pepper and 1 tablespoon of pickling spices.
Remove the meat from the liquid and strain the liquid of the additives and keep the liquid in the pot. Discard spices.
Then brown the meat in a small amount of oil, salt and pepper to taste, then put the meat back into the liquid. Add 1 small box of ginger snaps crumbled up — keep 10 cookies out for later. Cook the meat in the liquid for at least 5 hours. When meat is done, melt one stick of butter and put into the liquid along with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Crumble the remaining ginger snaps to thicken the sauce
- ‘You Will Not Destroy America’: A Trump Battle Is No Longer One-Sided - The New York Times nytimes.com/2018/03/19/us/… 4 days ago
- Trump Rollbacks Target Offshore Rules ‘Written With Human Blood’ nyti.ms/2DfxMJe 1 week ago
- Panama Hotel Owner Declares Victory and Trump’s Name Is Removed nyti.ms/2G0aR7X 2 weeks ago
- Analyst: Lifespan of Apple Products Average 2x Longer Than Android - idropnews.com/news/analyst-l… 2 weeks ago
- The Week in Good News: A Generous Town, Dogs and Dating, and Snow in Rome nyti.ms/2FKceqT 2 weeks ago
Blogs I Follow