For three days in the refrigerator, cover the roast in a container about half way up and include in the after 6 cloves, 2 bay leaves, 1 large onion sliced thin, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar, quarter teaspoon of black pepper and 1 tablespoon of pickling spices.
Remove the meat from the liquid and strain the liquid of the additives and keep the liquid in the pot. Discard spices.
Then brown the meat in a small amount of oil, salt and pepper to taste, then put the meat back into the liquid. Add 1 small box of ginger snaps crumbled up — keep 10 cookies out for later. Cook the meat in the liquid for at least 5 hours. When meat is done, melt one stick of butter and put into the liquid along with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Crumble the remaining ginger snaps to thicken the sauce
- Holiday Planning Printables from @CoziFamily - free you sign up for Cozi, the organizing app for families #promo -… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- RT @NewYorker: Roy Moore had been banned from a mall in Gadsden, Alabama, because he badgered teen girls, residents of the town, including… 6 days ago
- Free winter season planning calendar from @CoziFamily Nov-Feb all on one sheet! #promotion -… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Alexa adds support for custom lists-update any list in @CoziFamily app with Alexa & whole family sees it! #promo -… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago
- John McCain Seems to Jab at Trump With ‘Bone Spur’ Remark - The New York Times nytimes.com/2017/10/23/us/… 4 weeks ago
Blogs I Follow