For three days in the refrigerator, cover the roast in a container about half way up and include in the after 6 cloves, 2 bay leaves, 1 large onion sliced thin, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar, quarter teaspoon of black pepper and 1 tablespoon of pickling spices.
Remove the meat from the liquid and strain the liquid of the additives and keep the liquid in the pot. Discard spices.
Then brown the meat in a small amount of oil, salt and pepper to taste, then put the meat back into the liquid. Add 1 small box of ginger snaps crumbled up — keep 10 cookies out for later. Cook the meat in the liquid for at least 5 hours. When meat is done, melt one stick of butter and put into the liquid along with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Crumble the remaining ginger snaps to thicken the sauce
- The Senate’s Unaffordable Care Act - The New York Times nytimes.com/2017/06/23/opi… 14 minutes ago
- Join me in supporting fact-based journalism. Friends save 50% on one year of The Times. refer.newyorktimes.com/hFwZn 22 minutes ago
- Want to organize all your work in one place? Check out Evernote–it’s helped me become more productive than ever. evernote.grsm.io/JamesBauernfei… 9 hours ago
- #wendys Frostee approved! https://t.co/4XGSnXpYtj 3 days ago
- See my story: "Meena's Christening/Baptism" spark.adobe.com/page/L8CDBoEjy… 4 days ago
Blogs I Follow