For three days in the refrigerator, cover the roast in a container about half way up and include in the after 6 cloves, 2 bay leaves, 1 large onion sliced thin, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar, quarter teaspoon of black pepper and 1 tablespoon of pickling spices.
Remove the meat from the liquid and strain the liquid of the additives and keep the liquid in the pot. Discard spices.
Then brown the meat in a small amount of oil, salt and pepper to taste, then put the meat back into the liquid. Add 1 small box of ginger snaps crumbled up — keep 10 cookies out for later. Cook the meat in the liquid for at least 5 hours. When meat is done, melt one stick of butter and put into the liquid along with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Crumble the remaining ginger snaps to thicken the sauce
- RT @TheAndySpears: Now, take the next step. Call on Trump to resign twitter.com/tncitizenactio… 4 days ago
- Check out @momsanitytweets on #TheDailyGlow Cozi was one of her top gadgets for back to school! @promotion -… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
- Safely Snapping the Sun’s Disappearing Act nyti.ms/2vz8dSG 4 days ago
- iGen: Today's Super-Connected Kids Growing Up Less Rebellious Less Happy--and Completely Unprepared for Adulthood- amazon.com/iGen-Super-Con… 4 days ago
- In the South, Confederate monuments often protected, hard to remove thanks tennessean.com/story/news/201… via @tennessean 4 days ago
Blogs I Follow