For the Crepes:
• 2 large eggs
• 1/2-cup water
• 1-cup whole milk
• 1-cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2-teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 1/2-teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 tablespoons unsalted melted butter, (plus extra for greasing pan)
• Strawberry jam (or any other good jam)
• Lemon or lime and powdered sugar
• Green apple slices and aged cheddar
• Nutella and banana slices
• Cajeta (caramel)
1. In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth, about 15 seconds, stopping halfway through to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
Cover the mixture and refrigerate anywhere from 2 hours to overnight
2. Heat a 9-10 inch nonstick skillet or crepe pan over medium-high heat and brush with melted butter. (If the pan is hot enough, the butter should sizzle upon contact)
4. Pour 1/3 cup of batter into the center of the hot pan and immediately swirl to coat evenly with batter.
5. Return the pan to the heat and cook for 45 seconds, or until golden brown; using an icing spatula or butter knife, loosen the crepe around the edges; flip and continue cooking another 20-30 seconds.
Cool crepes on a rack for a few minutes before stacking on a plate. At this point they can be filled and eaten or wrapped tightly and refrigerated or frozen until use.
6. To serve; spread about ¼ cup of filling evenly over one half of a crepe and fold in half (or roll up burrito style). To serve warm a large number of crepes, place seam-side down in a baking dish and heat 5-7 minutes at 350F.