With temperatures in the high 90s and heat index pushing 101 working on the deck was no pleasant matter. The decks in this house were built in three stages. The front deck with the original construction of the house in 1976, the upper deck in the back was added in the mid 80s and of course the deck around the pool we built in the mid 90s. Actually I think it took us two years to complete the lower deck around the pool. While the decks themselves are in pretty good repair, nothing a few replaced boards and screws cannot fix, the surface of the decks have been a problem. Cleaning off the decks and then repainting them is a time consuming process but one I need to finish before my back surgery on 1 July. I started the front deck today, painting the railing. It is a problem because the wood while thick has become very porous making the painting a slow process. We also added the roof drain on the rear upper deck today. Hopefully tomorrow we can begin the process of painting the front deck itself and the upper deck in the back.
- Holiday Planning Printables from @CoziFamily - free you sign up for Cozi, the organizing app for families #promo -… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- RT @NewYorker: Roy Moore had been banned from a mall in Gadsden, Alabama, because he badgered teen girls, residents of the town, including… 6 days ago
- Free winter season planning calendar from @CoziFamily Nov-Feb all on one sheet! #promotion -… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Alexa adds support for custom lists-update any list in @CoziFamily app with Alexa & whole family sees it! #promo -… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago
- John McCain Seems to Jab at Trump With ‘Bone Spur’ Remark - The New York Times nytimes.com/2017/10/23/us/… 4 weeks ago
Blogs I Follow