With temperatures in the high 90s and heat index pushing 101 working on the deck was no pleasant matter. The decks in this house were built in three stages. The front deck with the original construction of the house in 1976, the upper deck in the back was added in the mid 80s and of course the deck around the pool we built in the mid 90s. Actually I think it took us two years to complete the lower deck around the pool. While the decks themselves are in pretty good repair, nothing a few replaced boards and screws cannot fix, the surface of the decks have been a problem. Cleaning off the decks and then repainting them is a time consuming process but one I need to finish before my back surgery on 1 July. I started the front deck today, painting the railing. It is a problem because the wood while thick has become very porous making the painting a slow process. We also added the roof drain on the rear upper deck today. Hopefully tomorrow we can begin the process of painting the front deck itself and the upper deck in the back.
- Want to organize all your work in one place? Check out Evernote–it’s helped me become more productive than ever. evernote.grsm.io/JamesBauernfei… 2 hours ago
- #wendys Frostee approved! https://t.co/4XGSnXpYtj 3 days ago
- See my story: "Meena's Christening/Baptism" spark.adobe.com/page/L8CDBoEjy… 4 days ago
- A Mother’s Death, a Botched Inquiry and a Sheriff at War - The New York Times nytimes.com/2017/06/17/us/… 4 days ago
- Antarctica Is Melting, and Giant Ice Cracks Are Just the Start nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/… 5 days ago
Blogs I Follow