With temperatures in the high 90s and heat index pushing 101 working on the deck was no pleasant matter. The decks in this house were built in three stages. The front deck with the original construction of the house in 1976, the upper deck in the back was added in the mid 80s and of course the deck around the pool we built in the mid 90s. Actually I think it took us two years to complete the lower deck around the pool. While the decks themselves are in pretty good repair, nothing a few replaced boards and screws cannot fix, the surface of the decks have been a problem. Cleaning off the decks and then repainting them is a time consuming process but one I need to finish before my back surgery on 1 July. I started the front deck today, painting the railing. It is a problem because the wood while thick has become very porous making the painting a slow process. We also added the roof drain on the rear upper deck today. Hopefully tomorrow we can begin the process of painting the front deck itself and the upper deck in the back.
- RT @TheAndySpears: Now, take the next step. Call on Trump to resign twitter.com/tncitizenactio… 3 days ago
- Check out @momsanitytweets on #TheDailyGlow Cozi was one of her top gadgets for back to school! @promotion -… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
- Safely Snapping the Sun’s Disappearing Act nyti.ms/2vz8dSG 4 days ago
- iGen: Today's Super-Connected Kids Growing Up Less Rebellious Less Happy--and Completely Unprepared for Adulthood- amazon.com/iGen-Super-Con… 4 days ago
- In the South, Confederate monuments often protected, hard to remove thanks tennessean.com/story/news/201… via @tennessean 4 days ago
Blogs I Follow