With temperatures in the high 90s and heat index pushing 101 working on the deck was no pleasant matter. The decks in this house were built in three stages. The front deck with the original construction of the house in 1976, the upper deck in the back was added in the mid 80s and of course the deck around the pool we built in the mid 90s. Actually I think it took us two years to complete the lower deck around the pool. While the decks themselves are in pretty good repair, nothing a few replaced boards and screws cannot fix, the surface of the decks have been a problem. Cleaning off the decks and then repainting them is a time consuming process but one I need to finish before my back surgery on 1 July. I started the front deck today, painting the railing. It is a problem because the wood while thick has become very porous making the painting a slow process. We also added the roof drain on the rear upper deck today. Hopefully tomorrow we can begin the process of painting the front deck itself and the upper deck in the back.
- Public Gives Trump Low Marks for First 100 Days: NBC News/WSJ Poll flip.it/cp_ggs 1 day ago
- The Art of the Dronescape - Atlas Obscura atlasobscura.com/articles/drone… 1 day ago
- Trump Tax Plan Would Shift Trillions From U.S. Coffers to the Richest - The New York Times nytimes.com/2017/04/27/us/… 1 day ago
- What Up With All the Tornadoes So Far This Year? gizmodo.com/what-up-with-a… 2 days ago
- Ivanka Trump Got Jeered in Germany, and Late Night Joins In - The New York Times nytimes.com/2017/04/26/art… 3 days ago
Blogs I Follow