Our house faces the south east and during the summer months the sun rises almost directly east hitting the house on the side and not a direct frontal assault. During fall however, as the sun is lazily on the south eastern and lower path the house gets a spectacular view right when we need it. I am very fortunate to be able to sit out on many mornings now, and soak in the sun as it rises. Most morning a small towel is needed to dry one of the adirondack chairs on our front porch, and together with two dogs we sit and soak in the warmth of the sun.
Today I’ve discovered an injured or disabled chippie bird lives in the bush in front of the deck. When it lands on the railing it cannot turn its head all the way forward nor does it fly very well due to that neck problem. One dog, the female, is especially interested in this bird but cannot get to it in the higher branches of the bush. Now in addition to the squirrels laughing at this terrier from the trees as they hop from limb to limb, this injured bird is making a fool out of her!
I can only stay in the sun for a three quarters of an hour at best, before I have to move. The sun’s power to lure one into a senseless daze will put me to sleep if I stay any longer. This morning the autumn smells fill the air The falling leaves, the smell of an old fire, the sounds and scents of winter not too far off. I wish I had a pile of leaves to jump into … probably break a hip now though!
- Public Gives Trump Low Marks for First 100 Days: NBC News/WSJ Poll flip.it/cp_ggs 21 hours ago
- The Art of the Dronescape - Atlas Obscura atlasobscura.com/articles/drone… 1 day ago
- Trump Tax Plan Would Shift Trillions From U.S. Coffers to the Richest - The New York Times nytimes.com/2017/04/27/us/… 1 day ago
- What Up With All the Tornadoes So Far This Year? gizmodo.com/what-up-with-a… 2 days ago
- Ivanka Trump Got Jeered in Germany, and Late Night Joins In - The New York Times nytimes.com/2017/04/26/art… 3 days ago
Blogs I Follow