Our house faces the south east and during the summer months the sun rises almost directly east hitting the house on the side and not a direct frontal assault. During fall however, as the sun is lazily on the south eastern and lower path the house gets a spectacular view right when we need it. I am very fortunate to be able to sit out on many mornings now, and soak in the sun as it rises. Most morning a small towel is needed to dry one of the adirondack chairs on our front porch, and together with two dogs we sit and soak in the warmth of the sun.
Today I’ve discovered an injured or disabled chippie bird lives in the bush in front of the deck. When it lands on the railing it cannot turn its head all the way forward nor does it fly very well due to that neck problem. One dog, the female, is especially interested in this bird but cannot get to it in the higher branches of the bush. Now in addition to the squirrels laughing at this terrier from the trees as they hop from limb to limb, this injured bird is making a fool out of her!
I can only stay in the sun for a three quarters of an hour at best, before I have to move. The sun’s power to lure one into a senseless daze will put me to sleep if I stay any longer. This morning the autumn smells fill the air The falling leaves, the smell of an old fire, the sounds and scents of winter not too far off. I wish I had a pile of leaves to jump into … probably break a hip now though!
- ‘You Will Not Destroy America’: A Trump Battle Is No Longer One-Sided - The New York Times nytimes.com/2018/03/19/us/… 3 days ago
- Trump Rollbacks Target Offshore Rules ‘Written With Human Blood’ nyti.ms/2DfxMJe 1 week ago
- Panama Hotel Owner Declares Victory and Trump’s Name Is Removed nyti.ms/2G0aR7X 2 weeks ago
- Analyst: Lifespan of Apple Products Average 2x Longer Than Android - idropnews.com/news/analyst-l… 2 weeks ago
- The Week in Good News: A Generous Town, Dogs and Dating, and Snow in Rome nyti.ms/2FKceqT 2 weeks ago
Blogs I Follow